PRIVACY / TRANPARENCY POLICY
In compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, (GDPR) and regulations developing it, Silken Hoteles, S.A. (‘SILKEN’) informs all users of the www.hoteles-silken.com website (the ‘Website’) regarding the processing of personal data provided when accessing and using the Website and in their regular relations with SILKEN.
In general, what do you process my personal data for?
· To answer requests for information, via the ‘Contact’ section of the Website.
· To send information, including by electronic means, about SILKEN and other establishments in the chain regarding our activities, offers, promotions and more, which we believe could be of interest to you.
· To facilitate the management of your online booking at any of the establishments in the chain.
· To facilitate registration and membership of our loyalty programme, Si by Silken, and to carry out all actions related to membership of the programme and described in its legal terms and conditions. Indeed, one of the intrinsic benefits of joining the programme is receiving electronic communication of exclusive offers and promotions for members.
· To facilitate management of business relations with customers and/or suppliers.
What is the lawful basis for processing my data?
· When answering requests for information, via the ‘Contact’ or ‘Request Information’ section of the Website, consent expressed in sending the enquiry.
· When sending information about SILKEN and the different establishments in the chain, your consent / art. 21.1 of the Law on Information Society Services (LSSI) in the case of electronic communication.
· For managing online bookings, the execution of the contract.
· Management and membership of our loyalty programme, execution of the contract. Art 21.2 of the LSSI for sending communications.
· For facilitating the management of the business relationship with customers and/or suppliers, execution of the contract.
How long will you keep my data for?
In general, data will be kept for as long as required for each of the purposes they are used for, and in all cases, for the legally established periods for information relating to providing services. For as long as is necessary to respond to and carry out internal follow-up on suggestions or comments received. With respect to sending marketing information electronically, the data will be kept indefinitely, until you state otherwise.
To whom will my data be disclosed?
In general, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. The only communications, besides those that are legally established, would be between SILKEN and the different establishments in the group, whenever this is required for such matters as bookings (with the hotel where the booking is made) or for managing aspects of the loyalty programme.
Apart from the above, third party data processors could also have access to your data.
What are my rights when I give you my data?
Whenever SILKEN processes your personal data, you will have the right to request:
Access.- You shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and detailed information on certain aspects for the processing being carried out.
Rectification.- You shall have the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you or have incomplete data completed.
Erasure.- You shall have the right to request erasure of all your personal data, although the suppression shall be subject to the limits established in the regulation.
Restriction of processing.- You shall have the right to request restriction of processing your personal data.
Objection to processing.- In certain circumstances and for reasons relating to your particular situation, you may object to the processing of your data. SILKEN will stop processing the data, except for legitimate or essential reasons or in the exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to data portability.- In other words, you shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to a data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller.
The aforementioned rights may be exercised by written and signed request to Hoteles Silken, S.A., Avenida. Zabalgana nº 1, 01015 Vitoria (Álava) or by email to: email@example.com.
Where do you obtain my data?
Your data were provided by you, your company or third parties such as travel agencies, booking centres and so on.
For marketing mailing, they are obtained, with prior consent, from the establishments in the chain where you have stayed or used the services.
What will happen if I do not give you the data?
Identification data belonging to the customer/user and all contact data and other details that can be requested by applicable legislation must be provided. Failure to do so could impede access to the service. All other requested data are voluntary, hence failure to provide them will not impede the establishment of the contractual relationship.
Supervision by watchdog authorities.
If you consider it appropriate, you can request supervision from the Spanish Data Protection Agency by lodging a complaint. www.agpd.es. C/ Jorge Juan nº 6 28001 Madrid.
SILKEN has adopted the legally required personal data security levels, and has installed all the technical measures and means at its disposal to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access and theft of the personal data provided to SILKEN. Despite this, the user should be aware that Internet security measures are not infallible.