PRIVACY - TRANPARENCY POLICY / HOTEL ACCOMMODATION.
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, (‘GDPR’) and regulations developing it, the Hotel in which you are staying and whose business address was given to you in the basic information provided at check-in (‘Hotel’) provides detailed information on the different forms of processing your personal data below.
A complete list of the business addresses of the different establishments in the chain can be found at the end of this document.
In general, what do you process my personal data for?
· To facilitate the provision of the contracted services.
· Management of the contracted services.
· Management of information on your booking, prior to your arrival.
· If appropriate, to allow Hoteles Silken, S.A. to send information, offers and promotions, including by electronic means, relating to the SILKEN chain and its different establishments.
· To facilitate the management of your benefits as a member of Si by Silken programme.
· Security of property and/or persons, using the hotel video surveillance system.
· To facilitate the management of business relations with customers and/or suppliers.
· To respond to inquiries or suggestions for quality control.
What is the lawful basis for processing my data?
· To facilitate provision of the contracted services. Contractual compliance.
· Management of the contracted services. To share certain data with establishments in the chain to simplify the check-in process. Legitimate interests.
· Management of information on your booking, prior to your arrival. Contractual compliance.
· If appropriate, to allow Hoteles Silken, S.A. to send information, offers and promotions, including by electronic means, relating to the SILKEN chain and its different establishments. Consent / Art 21.1 LSSI (Law on Information Society Services)
· To facilitate management of your benefits as a member of the Si by Silken programme. Contractual compliance.
· Security of property and/or persons, using the hotel video surveillance system. Legitimate interests.
· To facilitate the management of business relations with customers and/or suppliers. Legitimate interests.
· To facilitate the response to inquiries or suggestions for quality control. Legitimate interests.
How long will you keep my data for?
In general, data will be kept for as long as required for each of the purposes they are used for, and in all cases, for the legally established periods for information relating to providing services. For as long as is necessary to respond to and carry out internal follow-up on suggestions or comments received. With respect to sending marketing information electronically, the data will be kept indefinitely, until you state otherwise.
To whom will my data be disclosed?
In general, data will be disclosed when legally required, such as for communicating guests’ data to the police authorities pursuant to the Law on Public Safety, and others legally established situations, such as with regard to the tax authorities.
Furthermore, communications may take place between the establishment and Hoteles SILKEN, S.A. or other establishments in the chain, to facilitate the Si by Silken programme or to simplify the check-in process after having stayed at one of our establishments. Based on the legitimate interests of the different hotels in the chain.
If you have given your authorisation, your contact data will be given to Hoteles Silken, S.A. so it can send information on Hoteles Silken S.A. and the other hotels in the chain.
Apart from the above, third party data processors could also have access to your data.
What are my rights when I give you my data?
Whenever the Hotel processes your personal data, you will have the right to request:
Access.- You shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and detailed information on certain aspects for the processing being carried out.
Rectification.- You shall have the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you or have incomplete data completed.
Erasure.- You shall have the right to request erasure of all your personal data, although the suppression shall be subject to the limits established in the regulation.
Restriction of processing.- You shall have the right to request restriction of processing your personal data.
Objection to processing.- In certain circumstances and for reasons relating to your particular situation, you may object to the processing of your data. The Hotel will stop processing the data, except for legitimate or essential reasons or in the exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to data portability.- In other words, you shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to a data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller.
The aforementioned rights may be exercised by written and signed request to Hoteles Silken, S.A., Avenida. Zabalgana nº 1, 01015 Vitoria (Álava) or by email to: email@example.com.
What will happen if I do not give you the data?
Identification data belonging to the customer/user and all contact data and other details that can be requested by applicable legislation must be provided. Failure to do so could impede access to the service. All other requested data are voluntary, hence failure to provide them will not impede the establishment of the contractual relationship.
Supervision by watchdog authorities.
If you consider it appropriate, you can request supervision from the Spanish Data Protection Agency by lodging a complaint. www.agpd.es. C/ Jorge Juan nº 6 28001 Madrid.
The Hotel has adopted the legally required personal data security levels and has installed all the technical measures and means at its disposal to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access and theft of the personal data provided to SILKEN. Despite this, the user should be aware that Internet security measures are not infallible.
List of establishments in the chain.